1p2.jpg
Friends of Wood Island Lighthouse are restoring the keeper’s house as close to the year 1906 as possible, when the current configuration of buildings was established. The current building dates back to 1857. Volunteers hope to have the house furnished before the end of the summer. Gail Browning (right) has been a Friend of Wood Island Lighthouse for the past five years. She le ads tours through the lighthouse once a week, giving visitors a sense of history and importance behind the tower. Friends of Wood Island Lighthouse welcomes any additional volunteers or donations. (Grant McPherson photos) 1p2.jpg